Local and state governments are increasingly monitoring and surveying environmental areas, stormwater basins, and beach and foreshore conditions.
Issues addressed include:
- Beach and river erosion and replenishment.
- Stormwater capacity measurement.
- Pedestrian and vehicle movements.
- Infrastructure condition.
- Erosion and break out points.
- Vegetation condition.
- Weed dispersal.
Timeline Images can provide:
- High definition 3d imagery.
- Orthomosaic images.
- Fly through and alternate view.
- Height histogram and digital image.
- Quantity calculation (e.g. sand replenishment) and distance measurement (e.g. wall face height or width).
- Contour mapping.
Sunshine Coast Regional Council wanted to assess the condition of the vegetation of 12 kilometres of drainage line within the cane fields of Bli Bli.
At Timeline Images we carried out a flight planning and a risk assessment, considering: distances, flight height, angle of view, and height of obstacles. The outcome was:
- There needed to be a two person crew.
- Several stations for take-off and landing.
- On site time was a total of 5 hours with some 2.5 hours flight time.
- Flight heights would vary between 60 and 30 metres depending upon the distance from the pilot.
- Flight distances would be a maximum 600 meters from the pilot.
The project output was ready to be delivered to the client the next day. In all a two day total project time.
Sunshine Beach had been undergoing heavy erosion of the dune system at the back of the beach.
Timeline Images undertook a survey of the whole beach and cliff area providing a series of maps: High definition 3d imagery; an Orthomosaic image; fly through and alternate view; and height histogram.
Flight planning considered public access, weather and cloud cover and tide times. The flight time was 10 minutes. With outputs delivered the next day.